Sunday, October 25, 2009

Red Lantern Atrocitus


Series One of DC Direct's new Blackest Night figures just came out and I ordered a full set from my local comic book vendor, Universe Of Superheroes.  Like most others living through this current financial downswing I have to budget my money. So, I'm purchasing one figure every one or two weeks, depending on how many comics I buy in a particular week.
Let me tell you, it as no easy task choosing what figure to buy first, considering that all of the figures are awesome.  They include Atrocitus, Earth-2 Superman, Blue Lantern: Saint Walker and Alpha Lantern Boddikka.  It was toss-up between Atrocitus and Boddikka as to which one I would purchase first.  Eventually Atrocitus won out. 
The full-articulated Atrocitus figure is a formidable as his name implies.
The Red Lantern's outfit consists of a black body suit with metallic blood red chest armor, oversize shoulder pads with attached neck protection, knee boots, gloves and lower arm armor.
Atrocitus' face is a study in rage with its open maw showing upper and lower pearl white sharp teeth, deep set glowing yellow eyes and bony face plates.  His right hand is twisted into a fist and his left with its clawed fingers grasping. 
Included with the imposing figure is a special Red Lantern base and a blood Red Lantern that can be loosely held by the left hand.  The figure is held firmly in place within a vacuum formed inner sleeve and waist tie-down covered by a full plastic bubble for easy viewing.
I especially like the black on white Red Lantern logo on Arocitus' chest and his well-defined muscular physique.  Nicely sculpted!

No comments:

Post a Comment