Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doctor Solar #1


During the Silver Age one of my favorite comic book titles was Doctor Solar.  When Jim Shooter resurrected the Doctor as a Valiant Comics title it soon became a favorite early 1990s title in my collection.  I even liked it during its brief return in the newly resurrected Valiant line.  Sadly the Doctor has not been seen in nearly a decade.  But, when I heard that Jim Shooter would be bringing him back as a Dark Horse title I got all excited.  I could hardly wait.
The wait is over and once again the doctor is on my must-read comic book list, and for good reason.  Jim Shooter has lost none of his story-telling ability. If anything, he's better than ever.  He's brought the Doctor back with some similarities to his earlier incantations along with some new, and surprising, twists included.
When strange events begin happening-most notably the appearance of several super beings, Doctor Solar investigates.  What he discovers is that somehow reality has been shifted-due in part to his own creation.  And, his creation, although unexpected, was caused not by an accident but by someone.  Dennis Calero provides the art to the main story and included with the 48 page first issue is a reprint of the very first Silver Age Doctor Solar: Man Of The Atom issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment