Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The James Bond Girls File #2 The 1970s


I remember when the 1970s arrived and I found out that Sean Connery was returning to the role of James Bond in the next film in the series, Diamonds Are Forever, in 1971. I was thrilled. When the film came out I was overjoyed. It may not have been the best Connery Bond film but it was still excellent escapist fun.

In 1973 Roger Moore took over the role of Bond. I like Moore but his style was just a little too tongue-in-cheek for my taste at the time. His 1970s Bond films, Live And Let Die, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me (my favorite of the run) and Moonraker were good films, but not great films, in my opinion.

There were too many gadgets, gimmicky getaways and glib gabbing. The women however. Ahh, the women. The Bond Women of that era were gorgeous and you can see them all in 007 Double - O - Seven Magazine Archive Files: The James Bond Girls #2 The 1970s from each film in candid shots, studio stills and behind-the-scenes photos.

Included with each film synopsis and interesting Bond facts are lots and lots of photos of not only the women but the other key characters, locations and much, much more form each film. Jill St. John as Tiffany Case from Diamonds Are Forever shows off her package on the cover while on the back cover Britt Exland as Mary Goodnight from The Man With The Golden Gun shows off her 'ample talent'.

No comments:

Post a Comment