Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The New 52

When DC Comics announced that it would be re-launching and revamping all of its titles a few months ago, starting with #1s, I was skeptical. In order to breath new life into their characters and reintroduce them to a new generation of comic book buyers the head honchos at DC came up with the idea of basically starting the DC Universe all over again.
I had a problem with that. I liked the old DC Universe, even with all of its inconsistencies. I wasn't sure old-timers, like myself, would adjust to a 'new' DC Comics. DC was taking a big risk.


Well, the risk paid off. I love the new DC Universe. I purchase a lion's share of its new titles-some of which I never would have considered buying in the old DC Universe.


My favorites are the Batman, Superman and Green Lantern titles, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Deadman and the Justice League titles.


I congratulate the folks at DC Comics for taking such a big gamble. It very well could have turned out as a disaster. The majority of my comic book purchases are DC Comics with a smattering of Marvel, IDW and few independent comic book publisher titles.


I hope DC Comics can keep up the high quality of stories and art in their new titles. I plan on sticking around for a long, long time.


Kudos DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment