Friday, February 24, 2012

Next Gen, Brady Bunch And Marvel

Rittenhouse Archive (Sci-Fi Hobby) just came out with three new Trading Card Sets that pretty much cover the gamut of the genres: TV, movies and comic books.

Although I'm not a big fan of the classic TV show: The Brady Bunch, I have to admit its popularity (even today) is impressive. 

Equally impressive is the Limited Edition (500 Sets) Trading Card Set assembled by Rittenhouse.  All 117 episodes are represented on 1970s era style designed Trading Cards (two episodes per Card) and here's the big news!

Five Autograph Cards come in the Set. They include Barry Williams (Greg), Christopher Knight (Peter), Mike Lookinland (Bobby), Eva Plumb (Jan) and Susan Olsen (Cindy)!

I have #361 out of 500.  It makes me want to sing The Brady Bunch song-no, not really, but, I'm pretty darn excited!

Equally exciting is Rittenhouse's The Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series Two 1991-1994 Trading Card Set. 

The Second Set contains numbers 89 through 180 Base Cards (I assembled a full run), randomly inserted Parallel Set Cards (8 for me), 9 Best Of Holodeck Cards
(3 in my Packs), 18 Tribute Cards (make mine 4)and 5 Communicator Pin Cards (I got Geordi LaForge's).  A special James Doohan Cut Signature Card is also available (rats!, not for me) and 4 Autograph Cards are guaranteed in each Box. 


Here's a first, I received 4 Autograph Cards: 2 Bruce French and 2 Jane Daly!  Because my Box of Cards had a Communicator Pin only 22 Packs of 5 Cards were in it.  Normally there would be 24 but because the Communicator Pin Card is so thick two Packs were not included.

Rittenhouse makes the two lost Packs up to fans with a special insert to receive 4 Rittenhouse Reward Points.  No matter how you stack them, Rittenhouse's The Complete Star Trek: The Next Generation Series Two 1991-1994 Trading Card Set truly goes where no 'trading cards' have gone before!

Numbering 9 Cards per character, Rittenhouse's Legends Of Marvel Series 3 Trading Cards feature spectacular art of Storm, Moon Knight and the Hulk,  The Limited Edition Trading Card Sets are sequentially numbered up to 1939 (the year Marvel Comics was born). 
My Set is number 773 and they are stunning.  With their full-bleed images, heavy coated card stock and art on both front and back, the cards make a fine addition to any Trading Card and/or Marvel Comics collections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment