Friday, June 29, 2012

The Big Bang Theory First And Second Seasons


Geek is chic.  I'm a Geek.  My friends know it.  My family knows it.  I'm comfortable in my Geekiness.  I embraced it decades ago.  I'm not a brainy Geek (well, to some I am).  I'm a "see things differently than others" kind of Geek.  I marvel at the absurdity of our modern society.

I would rather read a book than take part in a social activity.  I enjoy being alone.  I like to think "outside the box."  I even find that phrase absurd.  My friends are Geeks.  I associate with Geeks.  Remember the old saying, "Be kind to a Geek, he or she might be your boss one day."  Eventually all Geeks have their revenge.

Where am I going with this line of thought?  If you were a Geek you would know.  Here's a clue.  Network TV has finally figured out that Geeks are great consumers of merchandise. Other than bad fashion purchases Geeks buy all things popular culture.  The more obscure the better.  

They are walking encyclopedias of catch phrases, solely responsible for the survival of game and comic book shops, multi-viewers of movies and the guardians of sarcastic speech.
That's what makes Warner Bros. The Big Bang Theory Seasons One And Two Blu-ray/DVD/Ultra Violet collections so priceless.

For the first time Geekness is presented as it truly is-populated by social misfits who act, dress, habituate and relate to the opposite sex in their own unique fashion.

What's it like when a quartet of Geeky friends must learn associate with a lovely female non-Geek who lives in the nearby apartment.  Do they shun her or welcome her-or both?  For some of the best written and hilarious scripts ever produced for a TV series you have to check out the two new The Big Bang Theory collections.  

Every conceivable type of Geek obsession is shown.  From Cosplay to comic books.  From science fiction films to fantasy-the cast of The Big Bang Theory nails each and everyone on their Geeky heads.

Extras include featurettes, gag reels, real science documentaries and so much more Geekiness that you'll soon be wearing pocket savers, mending your glasses with tape and wearing cloths that never match.  Embrace your inner Geek.