Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tattoo A Banana


As an art teacher I'm always looking for innovative ways to create art-sometimes from the most mundane things imaginable.  If being an artist has taught me anything it's that money is always tight and the lack of supplies is the mother of invention.

When I picked up a copy of Phil Hansen's new book: Tattoo A Banana, published by Perigree, I knew I had found a kindred spirit.

Mr. Hansen has discovered the way to make art from almost anything! I was fascinated how he was able to take everyday objects like toast, marshmallows and other assorted foodstuffs and bric-a-brac and create beautiful pieces of art-at almost no cost!

Part philosophy, part instruction manual, Tattoo A Banana contains lessons not only on life but art as well.  Now go out there and Tattoo A Banana, paint a peach, sculpt a squash-you get the idea!