Thursday, April 18, 2013

Manned Research Submersible SHINKAI (Upgraded Thruster Version 2012)



In my younger days I had an unquenchable thirst for adventure.  I was fearless.  I was ready to take on the world and explore anywhere and under any conditions.
 
Boy, things sure have changed!  My idea of adventure and exploration now is trying a new food and watching a TV show I am unfamiliar with.

Why am I writing this? One of the things I wanted to do when I was young was to dare the depths of the oceans in a submersible.  In my opinion those individuals who take the risk to explore the hidden Stygian depths of the oceans are brave-just as brave as astronauts who explore pace.

Hasegawa Hobby Kits has released a 1/72 Scale, fully-detailed model of the Manned Research Submersible SHINKAI (Upgraded Thruster Version 2012).  Capable of diving to 6.5M the JAMSTEC explores and compiles information about the deep oceans with its sophisticated research equipment. 

Twin rear propellers guide the bulky submersible as it explores the ocean floors.  Twin mechanical arms allow passengers to move and manipulate objects as well as bring the objects(s) to the storage unit mounted in the front of the submersible.

The model duplicates every detail of the original submersible. Eight part trees are included with easily detached parts.  Full assembly, decal and paint application instructions are included allowing modelers to recreate the finest detail of the submersible.  A static stand is also included for display.