Monday, June 24, 2013

Expose Vol. 11



You've read it here first.  After looking through the incredible digital art examples in Ballistic Publishing's Expose Vol. 11, I have 'officially' given up trying to match or create similar art.
 
I may be a graphic designer, but, the designers represented in Expose Vol. 11 are way out of my league.   However, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the magnificent digital images they have conjured up.

Of all of the Expose collections I've had the privilege to review, I have to say that Expose Vol. 11 has the most divergent examples of digital art I've ever witnessed.

Every conceivable type of digital art (painted, drawn, realistic, fantasy) is represented in this edition.

Over 8,000 pieces of art were submitted for consideration and of that 8,000, 587 were selected from 405 artists.

I've lauded over Exposé's art since the first volume I reviewed.  This volume is no exception.  All of the art is awe-inspiring, breath-taking and absolutely amazing.

I am blown away by the fantasy pieces but even more impressed by the realistic renderings that completely fooled my eyes into believing they were photos.  Now that's good!

Not to belabor a point, but as a graphic designer I know what it takes to produce such amazing art-especially when a 3D rendering program is used. 

The hours of color studies, light and shadow shifting and reshifting, object rendering, perspective and composition and that's not counting the talent it takes to draw: something that has to be learned sans computer.

This is a collection of more than just computer-rendered images, this is a gallery of art by some the best illustrators and painters in the business.