Monday, June 17, 2013

Regular Show: The Complete First & Second Seasons



For the last couple of years I've listened to my high school students go on and on about a Cartoon Network show called the Regular Show.  Since I didn't have cable (and very little free time) I was not familiar with the show.
 
The Regular Show?  Sounded innocent enough.  But why would a bunch of high school students watch something as mundane as the Regular Show? 

Curious I listened to their conversations and became even more confused.  The show is about two slacker ground-keepers.  One is a blue jay and  the other is a raccoon?  Their boss is a anthropomorphic gumball machine?  Other characters are a lollipop, a yeti, a muscle man, a ghost and other strange creatures?

Wait a minute! There's nothing regular about this show at all!  I had to find out more.  Fortunately I was able to get my hands on the Regular Show: The Complete First & Second Seasons Blu-ray courtesy of the Cartoon Network and Warner Bros.

Immediately I was intrigued by the Blu-ray cover: a family portrait (of sorts).  I popped in the Blu-ray and after a few animated episodes I was hooked!  The Regular Show is a hilarious and imaginative romp of imagination where anything is possible!  

There is nothing 'regular' about it.  I haven't had this much fun watching an animated show since I was a kid raised during the 1960s when Beanie and Cecil, Rocky and Bullwinkle and some of the offbeat Hanna Barbara shows ruled the Saturday morning airways.

Is it any wonder that the show garnered an Emmy Award!?  It's good-very good!  So, for something totally irregular be sure to pick up a copy of Regular Show: The Complete First & Second Seasons Blu-ray.  

Did I mention that the Blu-ray Combo also included lots of extra features such as commentaries, an interviews and much more? Well, now I have!