Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Highlights Of The 2013 Masters Tournament



I have to confess I’ve never been a big fan of golf.  I never quite understood the fascination and admiration golf lovers have for the game.  What’s the big deal about hitting a ball into a cup?
Little did I know.  I’ve only played golf a couple of times and I can testify that hitting that little ball into that little hole from several hundred yards away is difficult.  Shoot, hitting it in the hold from a few feet away if hard-at least for me.

Who would have ever imagined a sport that is so susceptible to the whims of nature?  A slight breeze, a turned piece of grass, the stature and physical state of the golfer-so many things affect and effect the outcome of a golf game?

Is it any wonder that professional golfers spend hours each day perfecting their craft?
As I’ve grown older and watched my physical strength and stamina decline I have begun to appreciate golf for the grueling sport it can be.  Walking for miles around the course, trying to maintain one’s stamina over 18 holes of golf, the mental conditioning, performing under pressure and the constant adjustment made to you game compensating for wind, turf conditions, the crowds and so for-it’s exhausting.  It takes a true professional athlete to play golf and to become a master at it.

From Lionsgate comes a new DVD: From Augusta, Georgia, Highlights Of The 2013 Masters Tournament, that showcases today’s modern masters of the game. Witness the incredible shots, strategies, flubs, failures, victories and the ultimate showdown of both young and old generations of golfers as they compete in the Masters.  

From 14-year old Guan Tianlang, to Tiger Woods, Angel Cabrera to the tournament’s winner Australian Adam Scott, each and every player gave it their all and it shows in this special Augusta National, Inc. documentary that also includes lots of extras: for the opening tee to the Green Jacket Ceremony.  Fore!