Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Adventure Time Frost & Fire

When I first heard of Warner bBros./Cartoon Network's Adventure Time animated series I figured it was a tried and true adventure series laced with humor and warm fuzzy feelings.  In part, that's true.  But it is much more than that.


As a high school teacher I was pleasantly surprised by the interest many of my students have for the series.

When asked what they like about the series I received a number of answers.  "It's funny." "It has great stores."  "I like the messages it tells and the friendship of the main characters."  "It's filled with danger, adventure, interesting characters, solid morals and it's loads of fun to watch."
Surprising for kids' fare on TV.

After watching several episodes I can see the draw the show has for young viewers.  I would have loved it when I was a kid.

The newest Adventure Time DVD episode compilation release centers around the continuing battle between the Ice King and Flame Princess.

Sixteen episodes make up the collection and each pack plenty of punch as Finn and his dog Jake travel across the Land of Ooo and encounter strange creatures, defeat deadly foes even rock on with undead music wiz: Marceline the Vampire Queen.