Friday, August 14, 2015

Website, Retirement and Waiting

Recently I pulled up some website traffic statistics for my website, www.bamcc.net, and I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.

According to numerous tracking sites my daily traffic fluctuates between 100,000 to 500,000 per day.  Add that to my blog's daily visitors and it racks up to be some pretty impressive stats.

I also pulled up a global location traffic saturation chart and according to it my website has heavy traffic in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, parts of Europe, the Middle East and Far East.  Africa's and South America's traffic are good but not heavy.  Not bad.

Now if I could only convince more manufacturers and publishers to provide more review material and possibly some ad revenue then things would be great.

I've been retired just over two months and I have to say, "I wish I had retired earlier."

It's nice sleeping in when I want to.  Not having to worry about getting things done quickly and getting to spend time with my wife, family and friends is pretty special.  I've even managed to get somethings done around the house (much to my wife's delight) and get more exercise-especially riding my bike and playing tennis.

I've even managed to drop 10 pounds and lower my blood pressure.

Although am a little burnt out from teaching Drawing and Commercial Art, I am starting to get back in the swing of things and starting to draw and write again-just for myself.

There's so much I want to do, but some things take time.  My website for example.

I want to write several reviews a day but unfortunately material to review doesn't keep a daily schedule.  

I'd like to travel-but, my wife and my trip to Rhode Island to visit my son and daughter-in-law won't be until September. 

Our trip to Tennessee to see the leaves change won't be until October and my trip to Michigan to see my brothers has been put off to next year.  As is our trip out West to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc.

I really want to go to more conventions and publicize my comic book characters and children's book art and scripts.  Next year's San Diego ComicCon is one place I want to attend.

I'd love to go to The International Toy Fair in New York City and various comic book, game and electronics shows.

I've got a boatload of stuff I want to sell: toys, model kits, comic books, trading cards, etc. that are taking up space in my Man Cave and garage, but selling them is going slow. Good prices-but slow.

I still hope for a Silver Age comic book find and perhaps some old toys from when I was a kid.

If there is one thing I've learned growing up, it's that there's no telling what is just around the corner.  Life is full of surprises: some good, some bad.  But, that's what's make life so interesting-surprises.