Sunday, January 15, 2017

I Am Blessed

‘I am blessed.”  I’m sure you’ve heard that term used...and overused. Televangelists, hellfire and brimstone pastors and name and claim it preachers tend to overuse the term without really explaining as it pertains to God.

It’s easy to get cynical when you hear the term.  It tends to irritate some people and even makes other angry.  Some people just don’t like the fact that other people are grateful.  Others refuse to believe God exists.

I can’t help that.  People are going to think what they want.  I can only speak for myself.
I am blessed.  

Here’s why.

I’m blessed because God has forgiven my sins and saved me and I now know that I will be residing in Heaven with him forever.  If God never did anything more for me for all eternity-that’s enough.

But, God has done so much more for me. 

Let me start out by stating that considering the background I come from, the various incidents in my life and the many times I catered to my flesh and selfishness I should have been dead a long time ago and burning in Hell.

But, God in his mercy kept at me, convinced and convicted me of my sins, saved my soul and continues to direct me and love me-unconditionally.

Enough of my spiritual blessings.  What about here on Earth?  My list is long.

I’ve been blessed with a wonderful wife whom I’ve been married to for 38 years.  I’m blessed with two great kids-both adopted-and both doing well and soon my first grandson.

I’m blessed with a roof (paid for) over my head, a good car (also paid for) a sizable bank account, retirement, good health, a strong body, cloths to wear, food to eat, lots of little ‘extras’ that God provides, living in a country where I’m free, allowed to make my own choices, air to breath, legs that walk, hands that grasp, good friends, a family I love (both on my side and my wife’s), a great church---the list goes on and on.

Take a moment, realize what you have and be grateful.  There are so many people in the world that envy your abundance.  We, as a nation, are so blessed-never take your blessings for granted.

Be grateful each day that God has seen fit to allow you to wake up in the morning, live your life and provide for your needs.

I encourage you if you have not asked God to save you-don’t put it off.  God doesn’t expect you to come to him all cleaned up and sinless.  He accepts just as you are-no conditions.

Make him the Lord of your life-he will take you places and pour out blessings that you could never imagine.  I know, I’m living proof.  I’m not asking you to take my word for it, find out for yourself.  I believe you’ll both surprised and delighted.