Friday, July 7, 2017

F8: The Fate Of The Furious



OK, true confession time.  I am probably one of a few people who have not seen ALL of the Fast and Furious films from Universal Studios.
 
I sort of turned my nose up to what I considered little more than ‘fast car’ movies.

Several of my friends and acquaintances encouraged me to watch some of the movies-but I held off until my curiosity got the best of me and I watched clips on YouTube.

Wait a minute!  Sure there are car chases, explosions, fights and all the usual action movie clichés but I started to notice some interesting things beginning with F&F #6.

They are actually well acted and directed movies with interesting characters and killer storylines.

Instead of the movies primarily concentrating on action alone there is actual coherent storylines that lead into each other as the films progress.

F8 The Fate Of The Furious is the ultimate culmination of action, adventure, Intrigue, character conflict and resolution and so much more.

Things have calmed down in the F&F world. Dom and Letty are married and the rest of the crew have gone about their exonerated lives.

When a mysterious woman somehow convinces Dom to take on a criminal mission and betray his old crew red flags immediately pop up.

What exactly is going on and can Dom be stopped?  The F&F cast of characters have a mystery and a situation on their hands and they need to solve it in their own high-speed, over-the-top and amazing way.

The new Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HS Combo Pack also includes lots of bonus features including featurettes, extended scenes and commentary.

What makes the F&F franchise so appealing is that it has evolved over the series and manages brilliantly to keep things fresh.