Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Num Noms, PJ Masks, Human Body and Yellow Submarine




From Parragon Books Ltd., and its various imprints, come five new books that are sure to keep kids of all ages excited and motivated to read and learn.



To show you how out of touch I am with the current kid craze of collectibles I’ve never even heard of the Num Noms until I saw a selection of the toy figures at a local store and spotted the ‘Num Noms Collector’s Guide’ amongst Parragon’s book selection.



Intrigued, I did a little research and discovered that Num Noms are lovable little creatures (over 300!) that are based on sweets, candy and pastry.



What kid wouldn’t like that!?  I know I would have when I was a kid, if such a collection existed.  Play and get sweets!  Come on!  No brainer!



The ‘Collector’s Guide offers full details on over 300 Num Noms that ‘Smell so delicious!’



Another kid’s pop culture phenomenon I am unfamiliar with is the animated adventures of the ‘PJ Masks’



Evidentially three kids, dressed in PJs, are superheroes who fight all sorts of wild and wacky adversaries while encouraging kids to learn and create things.



In the ‘PJ Masks Tin’ kids get a chockful of fun with PJ Masks’ books (3), 4 markers, a poster and over 50 stickers. 



Kids get to read some cool adventures, color and put stickers, everywhere! Sounds like fun to me.



One thing I do know about is the human body.  As an artist and designer I studied anatomy and I am very familiar with how the body works.



When I taught my high school students they would sit in awe as I explained the intricacies and wonders of the human body-especially the skeletal and muscular systems.



In ‘Factivity Your Amazing Body’ small children learn all about the various functions, systems and organs of the human body provided by easy to comprehend facts and 80 cool flaps that hide some pretty cool additional facts when opened.



For the slightly older child/student ‘Discovery Kids Human Body’ offers a much more comprehensive, lavishly illustrated book that allows kids to see how the body works from head to toe.



From the microscopic scale to entire body systems the book provides extensive information that budding scientists, teachers and medical professionals will find fascinating.



‘In the town where I was born

Lived a man who sailed to sea

And he told us of his life

In the land of submarines



So we sailed up to the sun

Till we found the sea of green

And we lived beneath the waves

In our yellow submarine



We all live in a yellow submarine

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine’



As a child of the 1960s The Beatles had a great influence on my life.



The Beatles breakout, controversial and trend-setting animated film: Yellow Submarine’ introduced to the mainstream the psychedelic world of The Beatles and their mind-altering lyrics.



Crayola presents an oversize ‘The Beatles Yellow Submarine Color By Numbers’ book that will thrill both young and old with its classic images from the film. 



For those who need a little help on what colors to use a helpful gallery of full-color images of each page is presented.



Color each page; remove them from the book and viola! you have the perfect Yellow Submarine art gallery!